30% SAVINGS Lowers air conditioning costs dramatically. A MacroAir fan running with your HVAC can save up to 30% on cooling costs. Many of our customers have saved even more. The gentle breeze lowers effective temperature 8-degree Fahrenheit by improving the air circulation and providing effective ventilation. HVLS fans help promote productivity by creating a cooling breeze throughout the entire work area
10% MORE PRODUCTIVE Healthier employees, happier customers. A NASA study proved a 5˚ rise in effective temperature can decrease productivity by 10%. Our airflow makes people comfortable and more productive. With HVLS, Enjoy the health and safety benefits that come with increased building ventilation.
3.54 AED PER DAY* *Based upon running Airvolution-D 780 model for 8 hours per day Starts saving when it starts spinning. Energy costs are a big expense and getting bigger. “HVLS fans have an immediate impact on the environment, which makes for a more comfortable and healthier building and saves money on air conditioning costs.”
LESS WASTE Reduce your carbon footprint by saving energy, reducing HVAC output and eliminating chemicals, fluids and refrigerants, a MacroAir fan is gentler on the planet. It also helps in meeting the AL Safat regulation in DUBAI ang attaining the LEED points The HVLS fans can yield LEED points in the following categories:
– Indoor environment quality for their impressive ventilation capabilities
– Energy and atmosphere for their energy efficiency (this may vary by manufacturer) and ability to maximize HVAC effectiveness
-A practical, efficient, and intuitive ventilation solution by innovation and design
-One HVLS fan can replace up to 20 smaller high-speed fans and thereby provide huge energy savings.
1. How would I benefit by installing an HVLS fan in my refrigeration unit?
2. Why are six blades better than 10 blades?
3. Why does MacroAir anodize their fan blades?
4. Why is MacroAir the only company that uses fans in reverse?
5. Why does MacroAir require the motor control panel to be installed within 25 feet of the fan?
6. Why does MacroAir use guide wires and how do I tighten them?
7. What is the length of the standard drop mount, and what is the minimum distance a fan can hang from the floor?
8. Why doesn’t my HVLS fan drive have a faceplate?
9. Does MacroAir have an installation program?
10. What do I do about the alarm light on my VFD?
11. What is the approximate lead-time between placing an order and shipping?
12. Does MacroAir have an installation program?
13.What does the purchase of one fan include?
14. How much does it cost me to ship one fan?
15. Do you offer MSRP?
16. How long and how many people does it take to install one fan?
17. What is the big deal with NFPA compliance?
18. What is LEED?
19. Why should I choose a 6ixBlade Fan?
- MacroAir 6ixBlade fans run faster than the outdated ten-blade units.â€¨ Because the fan is moving faster, it’s more efficient. And, a more efficient fan lives longer. As RPM goes up, torque goes down for the same horsepower. Because our 6ixBlade fans run slightly faster than ten-blade fans, the torque is lower. Torque is what hurts motors, bearings and gear reducers, so less torque is more life.
- Six blades mean less materials and a lighter fan. Because our fans are lighter in weight, they put less stress on your building, lower the freight cost and are easier to install.
- In addition, our 6ixBlade HVLS fans have a much lower carbon footprint. The electrolysis process used to produce aluminum requires large quantities of electrical power. When the cost of producing one ton of primary aluminum is broken down, almost one third is devoted to electrical power. Because MacroAir 6ixBlade HVLS fans utilize 40% fewer blades and aluminum, the electrical power required to produce the product is 1/3 of 40% or 13% lower than 10-blade units. MacroAir industrial fans are “green” before and after.
- Our 6ixBlade fans also reduce fire sprinkler obstruction potential and represent the low end of the solidarity ratio range.
- MacroAir 6ixBlade industrial fans are lighter to ship and easier to install. Lighter fans mean you benefit with reduced shipping costs, with up to 46% reduction in weight over the competition’s 10-blade fan units. It typically costs $250 to ship one fan (depending on the fuel surcharge).
- Our fans are easier to install as everything on the fan is smaller in size, including the power unit, which can be lifted by one man. This means it takes two people approximately four to six hours to install one fan.
- MacroAir 6ixBlade fans reduce loads. Because a MacroAir fan weighs less than standard 10-blade fans, it reduces the load on the attaching points, reducing stress on the building. Load is spread by guy wires; “universal joint” style mount pivots 360 degrees to connect with any angled, preventing any unneeded stress.
- Accel/Decel ramps limit load transmitted to mounting system and building and the lower running rotor torque reduces stress on building. The lower solidity ratio reduces load in high wind situations
20. What are the benefits of owning a MacroAir fan?
- Low cost of ownership. Once you install a MacroAir 6ixBlade HVLS fan, you’ll have no question about Solidity Ratio or obstruction of ESFR sprinklers with regard to the testing done.
- Parts for MacroAir 6ixBlade HVLS fans are always easy to buy, and you’re not tied to high pricing associated with “custom” components. In addition, installation costs are reduced, the rugged motor and bearings enjoy long life and the fan has reduced high frequency noise.
- Improved safety. ¨You can mount the control outside of the swept area of the fan for worker safety. In addition, all of our fans come with a lockable service disconnect – for improving safety when the fan is being serviced.
- All MacroAir fans are supplied with a low voltage remote switch and low voltage remote shielded cable.
- Gearboxes come with air vents. We’ve reduced the chance of your MacroAir HVLS fan leaking as our gearboxes come with air vents. Permanently sealed units often leak due to temperature fluctuations during shipping.
- Hybrid Hub standard on all MacroAir fans. Our new Hybrid Hub has invertible blade holders, allowing you to turn the blades over to blow air up in the forward direction of the blade. This allows you to blow warm air down during winter months.
- At the heart of every AirSpan and AirVolution fan controller is a Yaskawa J1000 variable frequency drive. This drive has been selected due to the many features and benefits that suit our application better than the numerous variable frequency drives we’ve tested and evaluated.
- CE compliant input filter MacroAir industrial fans come standard with a CE compliant input filter. When the filter is used with our motor cable and fittings, you’re assured the apparatus will be compliant with worldwide standards for RFI and EMI emissions, as well as FCC part #15 legislation.
- Long service life. The Yaskawa J1000 has conformal coating on the circuit boards provides protection from oxidation and corrosion, as well as vibration.
- Wide input voltage range. With the widest input power range in the industry, input voltage-induced nuisance trips are minimized for less down time and need for line or load reactors or isolation transformers. Other expensive items are reduced or completely eliminated.
- High Efficiency – The Yaskawa J1000 has a 98% efficiency rating, meaning that the drive does not produce a large amount of waste-heat, leading to a longer service life and energy savings.
- Secure program parameters. The Danfoss FC-51 is equipped with a removable display, which is not necessary for operation. This has the advantages of less hardware to buy (saving money), as well as providing secured program parameters. With the display and keypad removed, unauthorized personnel cannot access the program parameters.
- Easily integrates with automated systems. MacroAir fans can be controlled by most automated building management systems with no modifications, and can interface with digital type systems, including those that use digital protocols such as MODBUS RTU.